Issue Area: General Health
CareIT is a virtual Doctor's office, a medical services marketplace, your online medical home. The perfect complement to high deductible health insurance policies. This idea could work well as a tool the cities use as one of the largest employers in the city.
- Sean Elwell, Founder: Sean Elwell has 14 years healthcare technology experience and holds 5 Technology Patents. He is a PMI Certified Software Developer with lots of start up experience. Formally Head of Strategy and Operations at Aetna’s CarePass Division.
- Meredith Elwell, UI UX: Meredith Elwell has 16 years UI design experience, 5 years of healthcare technology experience and has founded 4 businesses.
- Arjun Urs, Lead Software Engineer: Arjun is a full stack technology master and a certified software developer. He has over 6 years tech start up experience and holds a MS in Computer Science.
The Other Finalists:
- BlueLight: Improved mobile 911 that shares your precise location, picture, and medical conditions with dispatch for faster emergency response.
- bluField, Inc: In danger? Instantly broadcast your exact indoor/outdoor location to 911 using your city’s BTLE beacon network and the tourism app, Stroll.
- CareIT *: A virtual Doctor's office, a medical services marketplace, your online medical home. The perfect complement to high deductible health insurance policies.
- Community Health TV*: Video-based healthcare programming that educates and empowers minority audiences.
- Concrn: the compassionate response network. We connect peer responders to people in need of support.
- HabitatMap, Inc: AirBeam, a wearable air monitor that maps, graphs & crowdsources your pollution exposures in real-time.
- Knock Software: building better tools to engage citizen advocates and cities around bike infrastructure. Where, when and why are people riding bikes?
- Memorandum: intelligent mobile messaging to advance health literacy, patient care and chronic disease management for all populations
- Walk[YourCity] Park and Walk: Banish parking pains. Enjoy your city on foot. Park-and-walk for a happier, healthier community!
- WeWalk, Inc: gamifying fitness and encourages kids to learn about their city.
* These two of the finalists were also selected as finalists for funding with our investment partner Jumpstart Foundry.
Cities - Join Us!
Like an idea you see here? Want to deploy it in your city?
- Pledge $5,000 in payment for a winning technology, if the City chooses to deploy that new technology in its community.
- Help spread the word about the MCIC opportunity to local entrepreneurial and technology communities (e.g., universities, developer groups, accelerators, co-working offices, startup community, etc.).
- Serve as a judge to review the submitted idea entries and prototypes.
- Provide relevant publicly available data to support the development of the technology, if available from the City and State.
- Work with winner(s) in developing/testing the solution during first year of solution development (if needed).
If you want to join the twenty-five leading local and state governments across the country, let us know.
We are proving that cities and regions can work together with developer, creative, and entrepreneurial communities to improve public and community health and kickstart quality innovation.
Demonstrating Local Government as Platform.